Monday, September 21, 2009

Always exciting. . .

Saturday, the eye doctor called just before we were leaving for soccer to tell us that Sarah's glasses were in. She was dragging a bit so this news got her completely motivated. She's been waiting for them. They look really pretty, but I've not had time to take a picture yet.

Saturday night, we went to see the Music Man at our local theatre. The community group did a pretty good job. The girls really enjoyed it, although Sydney got a bit tired at the end.

Yesterday morning was church. Sarah was tired from the late night, so she stayed home with her dad. As Sydney and I were leaving, someone stopped me to ask about a grant DH was awarded that she had read about in the local paper. As we were discussing the irony of his getting this grant as it was also the lack of said grant that caused the university to deny him tenure. As I was about to tell Sydney it was time to go, I heard several adults gasp as Sydney had fallen over after spinning in circles with her bunny and she hit her head on either the pew or the chair next to her. Our friend Chris had gotten there first, so I let her comfort Sydney until I realized that there was blood on her stuffed bunny. Yep, she nicely cut her head open. Everyone mobilized to help me get things for Syd, clean her bunny, offer to drive so I didn't have to. It was very nice and comforting. Ultimately, Syd and I went to the ER by ourselves, Syd holding a washcloth to her head. She ended up getting two staples.

She's doing much better now, but I've told her that if she's feeling badly at school today, she can stay home from school.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

I wondered what happened - hope she is doing even better now... head wounds are sooo scary!!

And ya, the grant situation - bites.