Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A year ago today, my friend Kelly from Jenelle's Journey and Missing JT Snow was declared cancer free. Today is a great anniversary.

Several years ago, I decided to see if I could grow my hair long enough to donate to Locks of Love or some other organization. I stopped dyeing my hair, I kept growing it and cutting out the dye. Last year, when Kelly shaved her head because it was falling out so much from Chemo, I thought about cutting it. I couldn't do it. I wasn't ready for short hair yet. I talked to Kelly about it, I felt like a very vain friend, but she told me it was okay with her.

Today, I was going to get my hair cut. I decided that I was going to cut off four or so inches and regrow it to donate next year. I just wanted to look more like me and my hair didn't look good the way it was - it was too heavy and therefore flat. When I sat down in the chair, I asked the hairdresser how much I had. It wasn't my normal hairdresser, I can't get in with mine on short notice so I went to the hairdresser my girls use. She knew why I was growing my hair. When she told me that I had 11 inches I told her to cut it. She bounced! She was so excited. I let her cut my hair into whatever style she wanted. She was so excited that *she* got to be the one to cut my hair.

It looks really cute.

When I got home, I discovered that today was my friend Kelly's one year anniversary. I didn't know, the haircut just fell on today, I just happened to watch "what to wear' today when they cut someone's hair short (I don't normally watch the show), I just decided that today was the day. Little did I know that today was a very special day.

So, for my friend Kelly - I have short hair. Just like she does a year later!

(picture will go up tomorrow or as soon as I can, but since this wasn't planned, there are no before shots)

Cheers.

No comments: