Saturday, March 27, 2010

Flexing my muscles!

So, my project this weekend is to tile the bathroom. Two weekends ago, DH pulled the carpet and yesterday I finally had a few minutes to get backer board (the previous weekend I spent most of the weekend at the ice rink while the girls either had rehearsal for or skated in the ice show). DH has also been sick for a few weeks and I don't want him breathing the dust from cutting the backer board, so I started doing it for him. Not a bad job so far. I have half the board set.

Last night, DH pulled the toilet for me and advised me on the finer points of how to prep the area (cutting back the trim, etc).

Once the girls wake up, I'll work on cutting the rest so one of us can screw it down and I can dryfit the tile and then set it tonight.

I can't believe after 8 years, I finally have no carpet in either bathroom!! I'll post pictures later of the finished little bathroom that we finished putting back together last weekend.

No comments: