Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project 365 Day 15 - Twilight

I love the sunsets and sunrises here. Unlike when we lived in Michigan, we usually have clear skies that go forever.

Last night I went out to grill and was drawn to the sunset. I loved how the sunset was orange and pinks and the silhouette of the houses from the backlight and the sky was that deep blue to black with a single star in the sky.  It took me a minute to find a setting that didn't autoflash, and then realize the porch light was reflecting off the snow, and as I fixed all of those things the sun was still setting so I did lose a little of the effect, but I think it will be a cool picture once I get everything set and a tripod so I get rid of the shake.

The first picture was taken with the close-up setting (not that I meant to choose it, it just happened). It gave it an almost fisheye effect.



This one was taken with the landscape setting. I want to try this one again, maybe tonight, but with the camera stabilized and a few minutes earlier to get more of the pinks.


No comments: