Saturday, August 19, 2006

Girls night!

Last year, my book group started a new tradition - in August we rent a cabin on the big lake and get together for Friday night.

It's a pot luck, and anyone who wants to spend the night can.

Everyone brings the books like want to propose for the next year and we all vote on them.

We have a blast together. There were 8 of us last night and there is not a single grouping that doesn't get along either as a group or individually.

One of my friends called me yesterday afternoon to announce that she wanted to leave earlier than we had planned and wanted to go swimming in the lake.

After we got everything unpacked and organized, four of us decided to go swimming. I've never been swimming in the big lake in the four years I've been here. It was so much fun playing in the water like little kids.

After dinner, we built a fire and sat around and discussed our books. The only thing missing last night was the amazing sunset.

Last year, we had to stop our discussions because the sunset was so amazing. Unfortunately, it was cloudy last night and we didn't get to see a cool sunset.

But, it was fun anyway.

I love girl's night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun! Yea for having girlfriends...I'm still seraching here in the Land of Snow and Cheese...