Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday Six - School.

"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6 yrs) and Sydney (SK - age 3 yrs) the Sunday 6.

Sydney wasn't much in the mood to play, so we asked Sarah first then Sydney who only answered a few questions. Here they are:

1. What are school supplies?

SK: I'm not doing any more. She answered number 6.

SB: scissors and crayons, markers, pipe cleaners.

2. Who usually buys the school supplies?

SK: I don't know. (her preschool does).

SB: The teachers (yes, I live in one of the few school districts in the U.S. where the parents don't buy school supplies)

3. What do you carry your supplies in?

SK: I don't know.

SB: A box - an art supply box.

4. Do you take your lunch to school?

SK: No, but sometimes I bring cereal.

SB: Sometimes.

5. What is your favorite school book?

SK: I'm not answering anymore questions. I already told you that. So no more questions for me.

SB: Junie B. Jones

6. Do you have a backpack? Is so, what does it look like?

SK: Mine is green and I also have a Bob the Builder backpack. And Sarah only has one and I have two.

SB: Yes. It's sort of a purpley color, it has wheels, it's really easy to wheel if you can't carry it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah had a really neat thing happen at school this week. At bedtime Thursday, she realized she left her puppy on the blacktop and the school playground during the summer program. I drove back by the school in case he was left outside, but could not find him. Since all the teachers know it's her puppy, I figured that someone put it in the office.

Joe called me Friday morning to say that puppy wasn't at school. We were both a little sad at the idea that he was lost. After all, this had been Sarah's constant companion since she started to walk.

When I got home Friday night (after girls night), Joe told me that puppy had been found. One of Sarah's friends had found puppy and brought him home with her so he wouldn't be lonely. She even gave the puppy a bath. It was too sweet.

I loved this idea that this little girl didn't want to leave Sarah's friend at school, but want to personally make sure that he was taken care of!

I hope everyone has a good week. My boss is out of town, so I might have more time to post this week.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Kids are so cute!

Fantastagirl said...

Our answers are up - I wish our school district bought our supplies... then everyone would have the same.

How sweet that Sarah's little friend found her puppy!

KC said...

LOL great sunday six. Sk sounded like my sweet pea answering the questions. Lucky you with the school getting the supplies. If i didn't have to pay the school to do so i would like that, but if i'm going to have to pay the school to buy the supplies i would much rather let the kids pick out what they like, My girls LOVE going supplie shopping so they can find just the right stuff in just the right color, didn' know finding just the right color sissors would be so important did ya LOL.

happy sunday.
OH yes I played also.

MommyOutOfControl said...

We played too. Yes, I am so happy that our school too provides the supllies...much easier!
Jamie

Kami said...

You don't have to buy the supplies? HOW DOES TARGET STAY IN BUSINESS IN AUGUST THERE?