Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Project 365 - day 7

I belong to a quilting group - quilting ministry actually. We make quilts for people who are sick or need love and support after losing a loved one. I tend to be pretty private about anything religious. So it took me a few weeks after learning about this group to decide to show up. But, I learned that while the group is based on the tenants of prayer, it's more a giving group than a religious group.

At quilting yesterday, I decided to bring my camera and see if I could capture the feeling of the group, the camaraderie, the feeling of peace that I get when I work with these women.

I missed noticing how the light in the background of the first picture would affect the overall affect. Playing with the color, adding black and white, and softening the edges seemed to help.




No comments: