Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm done with my coffee, but not the long list

Kelly asked me if I was done with the coffee from my last post.

First, let me say that the dance recital went wonderfully and DH and I only managed one argument over a mis-communication. I can't wait to see the CD.

For some reason, my life has spiraled out of control lately. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm going to be out of pocket for two weeks.

This weekend, we will drive to Minneapolis as soon as Sarah's coach-pitch game is over. She's very sad to miss the last week of games. My ILs are going to meet us there to take the girls for the week. Sunday night, DH and I are going to find a place to stay and Monday I have my surgery. I'll be home Monday night.

I'm feeling remarkably calm about all of this.

But, I'm trying to get the house clean since I'll be in a cast for 4 weeks. I'm trying to get the shopping done so I have food. I'm trying to collect everything the girls will need. I'm trying to get everything done for work. I'm trying to keep my sanity.

So, I'm going to be a bit scare until I recover enough to want to type.

We will drive home on Monday as soon as I can leave the hospital (Dr. suggested I do it this way so I can drive while the pain blocker is still on my knee). And, as tired as I am, I am really looking forward to the forced couch time while I keep my ankle higher than my heart.

One of my friends has already dropped off a Shepard's pie, and my book group will help me with meals for a bit. My friend who dropped of the pie told me that she has been waiting YEARS for me to finally need meals for something. She then entertained the book group with the description of the night she dropped by to pick up the meal I made for her family one night when she was hurt and my husband was home. "C" was taking things out of our fridge as my husband stood by with a confused look on his face and her feeling guilty that she was taking our dinner. Neither of them noticed the list on the fridge of what she was suppose to take.

Tires are going on the car now, clothes have been ordered for me and the girls (I needed some stuff that would fit over a cast), girls need new unders (not sending them to grandmas with the dirty ones), and car needs an oil change. My pre-op visit is today, then I can get the handicap pass for the car. I won't even mention the list of work items, but I need to work on my to do list so I don't forget anything.

Oh, and I was talking to the owner of our local grocery store, and she told me that while I'm laid up, I can call in a grocery order and they will gather everything for me and have it bagged and ready to go when I have someone pick it up for me.

FUN FUN FUN.

(Kelly, aren't you glad you asked?)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm always glad to ask! ;) I'll be thinking of you during your surgery, and I hope you don't stress yourself out before hand!