Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rainy Day Musings

Today it's a cold, rainy fall day. My ankle has been bothering me, so I'm taking a day to just rest on the couch. I have so many things I should be doing, but I'm wiped out. So, I've been sitting on the couch surfing the net and working on Sydney's cross stitch. I worked pretty hard on cleaning the house this weekend so I'm even sitting in a fairly neat living room.

Work has been exhausting me. My boss isn't the easiest person to work for. He only gives 1/2 the direction you need to complete any task and if he doesn't see results, he believes that you are not working on it and never actually asks. When you do try to discuss an issue with him, he just decides that he doesn't have time for it and announces that you should solve it for him. I currently work 20 hours doing two jobs that should easily be done in 40 but there is only money for 20. When I comment that I don't have time for everything, the comment is "work more effectively." So, I'm perpetually exhausted by this job.There is another job, similar job description, that is full time but probably can be reduced to 30 hours. I've thought about applying because the thought of maybe having a boss who can actually direct things isn't a bad idea.But, I like my 20 hour job. I keep thinking that I might just be able to find another since I've sent a few feelers out.

Classes started this week. I seem to have a pretty good class. They seem to be willing to talk a bit. I did finally decide to talk with the class about what kind of information they could include for each part of the paper. This, of course, included my saying things like "what could you do for this?" If they missed an obvious idea, I chimed in. We'll see what they come up with now. I still hate my last assignment, so I really hope I get inspired with another idea before the end of the semester.

For the past two years, I've been wanting to invite our neighbors for dinner. I finally did it s I have a few years to get the house in order. They winter in florida and had just bought the house behind us two years ago this month. Last year the summer just got past me and this year I wasn't too mobile. The reason it's harder to invite them is that D's parents built this house. I think he's been in the house once with the previous owners (we are the third owners). I can't wait to learn more about the house. Di (D's wife) has said that she can bring some home movies for us to see. I can't wait. I love knowing little things about the house. Like the lot was purchased for $1 and that it was the first house "out of town" in this stretch.

I did warn them that it won't look the way I'd like it to before they saw it. Mrs. M has been quoted to me by more than one person as being an amazing housekeeper. Me, I can't keep the house neat enough for my MIL to be comfortable here.

I should finish up my chapter so I can post it, or run to the store to buy a new phone since both of ours are dying a slow death. But, I think I'll work on Pooh Bear's arm just a little longer.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I don't think I keep MY house clean enough for your MIL :) Oh well. She loves us anyway.