Monday, March 30, 2009

Ohhhh pretty

I just finished installing the first of three new pleated shades in our bedroom.

I've hated our old blinds since we moved in. They are a dingy color. Our walls have some bright white in them, and they don't look right. A few years ago, when the strings broke, I bought new string rather than new blinds. Sometimes I can't replace what is perfect functional if not pretty.

This time, when the string broke, and I couldn't get the locking mechanism to work, I BOUGHT NEW!

It took me a few times to figure out how to get them installed because of bracket placement - but I got it up - and it's SOOOO pretty. They are bright white and look nice. I can't wait to get the others up in the morning and see them in daylight.

For the first time in three years, I can easily put my blinds over my bed up! And I did it myself (ok, DH stood by while I tried to figure out the problem. Talking with him helped me find the solution).

No comments: