Sunday, March 22, 2009

open mouth, be thankfully only DH saw me insert foot.

So, today I was chatting with our two ice dancers after the show about the rules of ice dancing and the timing of when they are allowed to be separate from one another. I remember clearly the discussions that occurred after Torvill and Dean performed their routine to Bolero the first time in the 1984 Olympics the pushing of the rules that routine created.

We chatted a bit about how the rules have relaxed a bit since then - allowing for more separation during certain routines (i.e., not compulsory where you never separate).

When I got home, I decided to look up the name of their coach - which I knew from the program was Christopher Dean. I knew the name, but could not place who the skater was.

ThankgoodnessIdidn'tsayanythingstupid


Um yea, Christopher Dean is THAT Dean, as in Torvill and Dean.

(such a dork).

No comments: