Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I took my own advice!

In my last post, I suggested that everyone contact a teacher and thank him or her. Well, I took a different twist on that and I searched until I located the email of one Gary Glick who made an off hand comment one day that I should pursue teaching at a small college or community college when I left the D.C. consulting arena.

It was truly an off-hand comment made to a woman who was looking at leaving the career she'd known for 8 years and facing the unknown. But, that comment inspired me to find a way to make the idea work.

Sometimes you never know what you can accomplish until someone suggests it to you.

So, let people know when you think they can do something. You never know what you will inspire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being a teacher! :)