Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Finally I found a doctor who has found something to fix in my ankle.

This doctor (a podiatrist) did an xray where he held my ankle in a twisted position when he took the picture. He did both ankles to compare.

He said that no matter how far he pushed my ankle, it should maintain it's intengrity. Actually neither ankle did - but the bad ankle had a 12 degree move. So, my ligaments are loose and are not supporting my ankle well.

He wants to operate and tighten the ligments on the bad ankle. (He'll leave the good ankle alone).

So, in June I'll have the surgery - off work and my ankle for 2 weeks, about 2 weeks off my ankle but I can work, then in a boot for a while, then a brace and Physical Therapy. All told, the recovery is 4-6 mos. But, then my ankle should be fixed!

I am so looking forward to this.
Now I just have to decide where I will have the surgery - either the small, tiny hospital 45 min away or the larger hospital (larger than the one in our town) 2 hours away. It's an outpatient surgery.

When I was driving home from the appointment, the sun was shining off the snow, the sky was blue and I felt sooo very happy that someone finally found what was causing me pain for the past 15 mos.

Kirsten

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

Well at least you know what's wrong with it...4-6 months for recovery-that would drive me nuts!