Monday, April 23, 2007

My weekend, or why I wasn't around

We finally had nice weather here - but I really didn't get to enjoy it much.

Sat the girls and I ran errands in the morning. On the way home, I realized it was pharmaceutical drop off day for Earth Day at my church. We got home, scoured cabinets for expired and no-longer-needed meds, I realized I forgot bread and sandwich meats, dropped off drugs, went back to store. I needed to get cookies for the girls scout booth sale the next day, finally got through at 4:00 and headed out to get cookies. Decided to pick up soccer shoes for Sarah (soccer starts late july, but shoes are sold on the schedule of the rest of the nation in our town - much to the store manager's frustration.) Bought the last pair in her size with the pink cleats.

Sydney decided we should eat outside, so while I was picking up cookies and shoes I also went back to the store to get hamburger meat and chips. Eating outside was very nice until I realized the grease on the grill rack caught fire (while we were eating) so I turned off the grill and let it burn out. Sarah is really scared of fire and wanted to go inside at that point. We made her stay out. She needs to start trusting us.

Sunday was church, deliver cookies at coffee hour, grab McDonalds on the way to the store to sell cookies for 2 hours.

At kid's church, we do communion with all the kids standing around an old table. It's very informal. Our priest decided to light candles this week. Sarah wasn't thrilled with the fire so I stood back with her some and held her. At one point, Sydney (who was standing up at the table, my family was the only one who made it to kids church this week) turned around and tried to encourage Sarah with a "be tough" and turned back around. I'm not sure where she got that phrase!

We sold about 70 boxes of cookies at the cookie sale! I'm not sure the girls had as much fun as they would have liked - since we had two moms, we divided into a table where people came in and a table where people exit the store. So, sometimes it was mom and girl.

By the time we got home, it was time to clean rooms and Sydney had decided we were going out to dinner.

LONG weekend.

Sydney came up with another saying that has bugged me. She told me twice that she had a "fat tummy." She has told me that she doesn't like it. I'm not sure where she got this idea. I'm trying to help her understand that it's normal. I might take a glance around dance today while the girls are in their leotards and see if there are enough girls with tummys to help her understand it's normal at 4 y.o. to have a tummy. Thankfully, she doesn't seem to think she needs to diet or do special exercises to reduce said tummy. I'm guessing she's not made the connection yet. I'm not planning on helping her with that either.

No comments: