Sunday, April 29, 2007

I've been so uninspired

You may have noticed my lack of posts - I feel like I've not gotten control of my life since my travel to Baton Rouge. Just Friday, I finally cleaned the last of the items out of my garment bag. I must admit, I didn't take it downstairs yet - but I also fly back to Baton Rouge next weekend and leave Sat night. Thankfully, this time someone else organized the travel. I was still heavily involved, but I didn't have to constantly call to fix and change as everyone changed their mind.

It was originally decided that we didn't want to fly out of our airport because it was a bit expensive and we would have 2 layovers each way. If we flew from the airport 2 hours away, we could go on a different airline with one layover BUT, they wanted to take a flight that would require us to leave at noon the second day. I wasn't sure that 1.5 days would be enough time to finish everything and if we left before finished, the entire trip would be a waste. By the time the people we were visiting got back to us, flights from our airport and airport M were sold out, except the 6:50 flight from M (on the same airline we travel from our airport with the 2 layovers). We didn't want to spend the night in the other town, so they started talking about changing the date.

Thankfully, it dawned on me that we could go to airport R which was also 2 hours away. They had a flight that was at 8:15, but we would change time zones so it would be as if it was 9:15. So, if we left at 5:30 am, we'd have no problem getting to the airport and wouldn't have to leave at 3:00 am. On this airline, we could leave at 4:30 pm (meet until 2:30). I would get late enough that we decided to stay at a hotel and drive back in the morning.

Well, someone in the group decided they didn't want to get up too early in the morning, so we have to drive down Sat night and spend the night again.

So, to save a few hours and keep the price down, we are now driving 2 hours, have the two layovers, and spending 2 extra nights in hotels instead of originally scheduling the same flights out of our home airport.

*shakes head*

We now only have 5 of us traveling. One person has a World Club membership (we believe) and can get in two guests. I was talking to one of the directors who is traveling with us and told her that I'm more than willing to buy a one day pass if someone else will (I didn't want to say she should but I did imply it). She seemed willing. This way, we will all have access to the place during all our layovers.

My house is almost clean after being gone, I hope that it doesn't take 2 weeks for me to get stuff back in order after I get return again.

~oOo~


The girls are currently practicing hula hooping. Sarah has finally gotten the hang of is. She has mastered the art of walking and turning around while she is hula hooping.

Sydney is too cute while she tries to hula hoop. We finally got her to understand that she has to wiggle her hips while trying to hula hoop. Four year old shaking hips are too cute. Sydney is actually getting to the point that she can get a circle before it falls. At the rate she's going, she will be able to hula hoop by the end of summer.

The sad part is that my 4 y.o. is doing a better job than I am!! Not that I practice while anyone is home *grin*

~oOo~


Another reason I'm not around much is that I've finally become inspired at work again. Pushing hard to accomplish all the work I need to do (and I do have some big deadlines coming up) really has me pushing hard. When I return, I also will have to work from home a bit as Sydney's tonsil/adenoid surgery is the day after I get home. I do love my bosses because they are letting me work from home rather than find someone to care for Sydney while she recovers. I did explain to them that working from home had less to do with my not wanting to take leave and everything to do with my need to get my deadlines met.

I'll stop rambling. I'll do Sunday Six later (we have a makeup gymnastics class at 9:30 and have to sell cookies again this week for 2 hours - the mom who volunteered backed out, not that I was surprised)

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Whew - I need a break just from reading your post. I hope that the travel goes much better than how it sounds on paper.

I haven't hula hooped in years..I should get Tink one.

Kelly said...

Well, for being uninspired, you sure sound busy! :)

I've been un-inspired too, but at work not at home. Hmmmm...