Saturday, May 10, 2008

This year it's the oven. . .

Last May, we were invited to a birthday party, our washing machine broke that day. Today, we found out our 40 year old oven will cost $500 to repair. I've told my friend that we can't be invited to her daughter's birthday party any more because we need to replace an appliance each year. She pointed out that I get new appliances!!

So, It looks like I need a new range - we are looking at a Kenmore double oven with a small regular oven and a large convection one:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02298002000P?vName=Appliances&cName=Cooktops%2C+Ranges+%26+Ovens&sName=Freestanding+Ranges

It's on sale until tomorrow.

Since we are not renovating, it's not going to completely fit in the space, but it's OK.

Any opinions?
I'm not sure about color, I think my choice is white, black, or stainless steel.

The current dishwasher is white, the fridge is cream, the stove is white w/ stainless steel cooktop.

AND, don't suggest Home Depot or Lowes for checking. Home Depot is 2-3 hours away and I'm not sure where the closest Lowes is. I have Sears and some small appliance stores. I have a one small oven, a microwave, and a grill to cook on now, so I don't have 4-6 weeks to wait for something to come in.

Yes, my town is pathetic.

2 comments:

Me said...

While I was all set to say "oh stainless steel is so awesome" I then read your other appliance colors. Hmmm.

Since your dishwasher is white and probably won't be replaced soon you better go with white to match. Cream, white and stainless steel in one kitchen might look kooky. :)

Unless of course you want to get both a stove AND a refrigerator. In that case I'd say do stainless steel for both and buy a front panel for the dishwasher to match.

:)

Fantastagirl said...

Happy Mother's day!

I can't talk about appliances one of mine will break.