Sunday, May 25, 2008

The week in review

I've been reading, but have been lacking in either motivation or time to write.

The other week, work became extraordinarily horrible. Let's suffice to say that I am applying for full time jobs now (although I only want to work part time) because I keep thinking that full time is better than what I have not. Unfortunately, unless the new job would give me some release time to teach, I think I will have to stop teaching for a while. There is a job that I am planning on applying to. I really need a job where I can work for people who actually respect my capabilities.

Last week, we started rehearsals for the dance recital. Sarah is in two dances, Syndey in one, and I'm in one. Next week, we have rehearsals Tues - Thurs and performances Fri and Sat. It will be a busy, busy week. At some point, my ILs are coming, the house needs to be cleaned, and I have HUGE deadline at work.

My new stove arrived on Tues. Needless to say, since the old stove was moved from the wall, I had to clean the floor and decided to strip the wax from the linoleum floor and rewax it. I did burn my first set of rolls in the small oven. Last night, I made pizza and used both the proofing setting for raising the dough and the convection oven for baking. I'm glad I spent the extra money to get the stove will all the bells and whistles (multi ring setting for the cooktop and the convection/conventional oven options for the lower oven. I really want to bake some biscotti today.

Earlier this week, I started waking at 6:15. The first day, I decided that I should get up and exercise (and was proud of myself for doing so). Sydney woke up as I was finishing and glanced at me as she walked to the bathroom. I was impressed with her as she commented to me later that "sometimes when I get up in the morning I see you doing yoga and following the TV." Then she commented that she really wanted to do the kids yoga DVD, but I told her we needed to get to work and we would do it another day.

Friday, we had Sydney and Mommy day! We went out to breakfast and then went the the local rock labyrinth. Sydney has been wanting to go for the past year. We had fun. Then we went to one of her friend's house for a playdate and then out to lunch with a friend of mine. It was a lovely day. This was my last chance to spend a day with only Sydney before she starts kindy. Esp if I start working full time.

I did want to share pics of the old and new stove. When/if we redo the kitchen, we will switch the locations of the range and fridge. It's on the list.



This next week will be slow to update, but I'll post recital pics later.

1 comment:

Me said...

Blessing: When your (dance) children are old enough to drive themselves!!!

For years and years and years I had either 1, 2 or 3 (!!!) children in dance. There were times I was at the auditorium from 10:00 - 11:00 between the two or three of them and their different schedules. One time we moved to a new city 6 weeks before recital so I DROVE BACK for dance practice and we drove down and stayed in a hotel to prepare for the recital and recital weekend.

Oooo doogie! The memories! LOL.

We also have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday rehearsals for this weekends Saturday and Sunday recitals but guess what? (This is where the blessing comes in); she can drive herself and doesn't need me there! Woooo Whoooo!