Saturday, January 03, 2009

Saturday Night In a Small Town

DH and I were talking about what I should make for dinner and we decided on "pickup" (aka leftovers). I mentioned to DH that I had some meatballs if he wanted a meatball sandwich, and that I would run to the store to pick up some bread. We noticed that there was a car in our yard, and a bunch of people hoping into another car.

We thought it was weird that they would have found a ride someplace after crashing into our yard but not bothered to knock on our door about the car in our yard. So, since no-one was around, I took a quick picture of the car. It doesn't show as well in this picture, but it's about a 45 degree angle that the car was sitting.


DH and I were trying to decide what the proper etiquette in this situation was - should we call the police and having the car removed or give the owners a chance to remove it themselves. After all, they didn't tell us where they were going.

By the time I got back from the market, there was a truck trying to pull the car out and a police car behind us. Being a small town, it didn't take long for the second, third, and for a few minutes even a fourth police car. Now, it was dark and having the police lights to keep the traffic from running into anyone was helpful.

It turns out the driver had taken our curve a little too quickly and lost control of the car landing in our yard. They were from the town about 45 minutes away and I guess someone must have been behind them and offered to take them to the gas station up the road so they could seek help.



And, since we took picture today, I wanted to share the picture of the ceramic tiles the girls made with my mom this summer and the frames DH made to put them in. They are all very talented!

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

You have a very talented family!

Glad no one was hurt!

kristin said...

How funny about the car! I love the picture frames too, he's so talented!