Friday, January 16, 2009

To pierce or not to pierce

The girls have talked about wanting their ears pierced. DH wants to wait until they can take care of their ears themselves. I truly don't care.

So, there is the possibility that the Claire's in town will close. If you go in when they have two people working, they can do both ears at once. The other place that pierces ears in town is Walmart. Not sure I completely trust that. Otherwise, we won't be able to pierce them until someone else we move back in town.

I mentioned the idea to DH about getting their ears pierced now. He said he didn't see any reason to get them pierced, but he really didn't care.

They are 6 and 9 (boy that is strange to write) - kindy and 3rd grade.

So, any thoughts?

I can't wait too long to decide. The manager at Claire's said that while they are currently meeting the targets they've been given, if they close they will be given one weeks notice. I'm not sure I'll hear in enough time.

I hate making pressure decisions. Then again, I would have done this long ago if not for DH.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Tink begged for hers to be done, and whenever we were in wal-mart she would say - I want my ears pierced, we would get close to the jewelry dept and she would chicken out... Long story short - she finally sat in the chair - they did it - both ears at once - no tears.

4 wks later we discovered that they pierced through a mole on the back of her ear, and it was a problem. so earrings came out - and if she really wants them - I'll talk to her doctor to see if it will be okay. She hasn't asked lately...

I think they can handle it! as Nike says - Just do it!

Army of Mom said...

My husband has been adamant about Little Bit (also in kindergarten) not to have hers done until she is older. I would have done them already as she had asked. She has stopped asking now that she knows dad won't let her (even though the other day he asked me if she still wanted them done.) If the girls want them done and understand the pain involved and the work to take care of them and your husband won't get mad, I'd do it for my kiddo. For me, I'm in a holding pattern for now.

I remember having mine done at Sears when I turned 8. :) I didn't want to get the second one done after the first one hurt. :) But, mom said I had to at that point. hee hee

kristin said...

Hey Kirsten. For what it's worth it seems like all the girls around here got them done at 7. I think it'd be fine for Sarah, she's certainly old enough to take care of them. Part of me wonders about Sydney though...is she old enough to care for them, plus does she understand the pain thing (temporary it may be). On the other hand, I think having it done at Claire's, with 2 people is SUCH a great idea, that I'd go for it. Specially since DH has softended his position a little bit. Whatever you decide...best of luck!