Sunday, February 08, 2009

The party!

Yesterday we had Syd's birthday party. One little girl commented several times that "it was the best party ever." While everyone arrived, they just played and my friends helped me finish getting everything together.

Then, once everyone arrived, it was time to decorate the fleece pillows I made. One little girl decided the pillow was so nice, she didn't want to add anything to it.



Then, as the girls finished their pillows, we painted nails, had a snack, opened presents, and then it was time for the cake. I was pretty impressed with how well the cake turned out. I've never tried some of these frosting techniques. The base coat didn't quite come out the way I wanted, and so the rest wasn't quite as pictured - but it tasted great.



Most importantly, Sydney thought her party was a success!

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

So awesome - I'm glad they all had a great time!

The pillows look fantastic - so does the cake!

Glad she had a happy day!