Saturday, February 07, 2009

Up late/Up early

Today is Sydney's "Fancy Nancy" Soiree.(I'll leave it to you to google her name if you don't know her. And, if you have little girls, you MUST buy her books. We are having an 'at-home' party. The girls are all coming in their fancy clothes. (I just hope I have enough time to get dressed myself.

I decided to go to bed early and get up early in the AM to clean the house. Needless to say, that just as I was trying to fall asleep, Sydney woke up crying because her ear hurt. I gave her motrin and a decongestant to clear out the pressure and sat with her while I waited for the meds to take effect. She whimpered and told me how much it hurt. I kept counting the minutes until the meds would take effect. She fell asleep 21 minutes after she took the Motrin.

She lost her 2nd tooth at school yesterday. Good thing the Tooth Fairy remembered to come.

So, I got up early today and I'm working on drinking some coffee and having yogurt before I start the intensive cleaning of the house so I can get the food ready and set up the play centers.

I'm so excited for the party. The cake is decorated - not bad for a first attempt with some of the cake decorating techniques. I've also made 11 crown shaped pillows out of purple fleece. I've written each girls name on the pillow with fabric paint. Later today, each girl will decorate the pillow with ribbons and buttons.

We are also going to paint their nails and have a dress up area. A bit of the time will be spent just playing whatever they want.

I will post pictures later.

But, it's time to get cleaning!

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

I hope they have an awesome time!