Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday Six - It's Hot!

"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6 yrs) and Sydney (SK - age 3 yrs) the Sunday 6. I asked Sydney first so she was not influenced by her big sister's answers. Here they are:


1. What is hot weather?

SK: No, you talk to Sarah. That means you drink hot chocolate, right?

SB: summer weather

2. Do you think its been too hot?

SK: Yes (spoken very emphatically)

SB: Yes.

3. Why do you think the weather is so hot?

SK: That because when we go outside it's really hot.

SB: Because its summer.

4. What do you do to cool down in hot weather?

SK: Put on a nice cold jacket.

SB: I drink lots of water and I play in water.

5. Which is better - hot weather or cold weather?

SK: To drink some hot chocolate in hot weather.

SB: I like medium the best.

6. What does it mean to be in a heat wave?

SK: Be cold in the hot wave.

SB: I don't know.

I think Sydney is operating under the idea of mind over matter - if you believe it it will come.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday night, Sydney followed Sarah's footsteps (or tire track) and learned to ride her bike w/out training wheels. It only took Sarah 2 mos to learn, and Sydney 3 minutes.

Attached are the pictures of Sarah and Sydney riding bikes.

Sarah rides:


Sydney rides away from her dad:

6 comments:

MommyOutOfControl said...

I think Sydney needs to keep up her way of thinking...it just might end global warming you know!
Too cute. Matthew had similar answers about hot/cold which is better...our children are learning to be politicians I guess. We played.
Jamie

Danielle said...

"put on a nice cold jacket" LOL

I can't believe Sydney can ride a bike like that at her age!!

RYC, I love that your girls watched the slideshow. Too cute!

Fantastagirl said...

Can sydney come and teach pan how to ride his bike? He just doesn't get it. And Tink won't even try.

Love their answers...your girls are so cute!

Kelly said...

Love that - put on a "cold" jacket! Yes, mind over matter! OK, How can Sydney be riding a bike before Jack? Hmmm?

Spikey1 said...

Sorry yet another week goes by without us! :(

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! That's some good riding! I have a funny feeling that I recognize that parking lot...