Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday Six - Summer Food

"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6 yrs) and Sydney (SK - age 3 yrs) the Sunday 6. I asked Sydney first so she was not influenced by her big sister's answers. Here they are:

1. What kind of foods do you like to eat in summer?

SK: eat corn (Sarah: off the cob or on the cob - Sydney: on the cob)

SB: Corn on the Cob

2. What is your favorite summer dessert?

SK: Lollypops

SB: ice cream

3. What is your favorite summer fruit?

SK: jello (Is that a fruit?)

SB: apples

4. Do you eat more or less in the summer?

SK: Less food in the summer

SB: Medium

5. What is the best food to take on vacation in the summer?

SK: Candy

SB: apples

6. What is yummy?

SK: Food so you can't get cavities.

SB: ice cream and popsicles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normally I'm not a fan of waking at 4:30 in the morning - but this morning I was awakened by the most amazing thunderstorm ever. Even with my eyes closed, the lighting bathed the bedroom in light. Only this was not ordinary lighting, this was rapid fire lighting. At times, the sound of the thunder didn't even finish before the next sounded. Then, there were the times the thunder was so loud it shook my feet. I spent part of the storm with my eyes closed, part of it watching the lighting through the trees.

It was truly an amazing storm.

Part way through the storm, I stopped watching it's beauty and started wondering if this was what it was like to live in a war zone - watching the far off bombs wondering if they are getting closer or further away.

I also thought that it would be a bit of how one of the death eater attacks might be if I ever wrote about one. (I've started reading and writing Harry Potter fan fiction).

But, I'm glad I woke up as I don't know that I would have believed Nature could have created such a storm had I not seen it.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

The girls did great with their answers! lollipops = yummy!

The storm - We have seen some awesome storms - just not lately.

MommyOutOfControl said...

Great answers...get that girl a lollypop!

I *love* thunderstorms...growing up in tornado ally (Kansas) and then moving to Connecticut, I sure do miss intense storms. So so so strange but you even begin to miss the tornadoes! Weirdo, huh?

Jamie

Danielle said...

RYC: THANK YOU for the vote of confidence! Almost there... :)