Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sunday Six - Names (and vacation summary)

"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6 yrs) and Sydney (SK - age 3 yrs) the Sunday 6. I asked Sydney first so she was not influenced by her big sister's answers. Here they are:

1. Why do people have names?

SK: Because that's what they do sometimes.

SB: So they can call you that.

2. Can boy names and girl names be the same?

SK: Yes.

SB: Yes, of course.

3. Who named you?

SK: S.Y.D.N.E.Y - (but WHO gave you your name) I don't know.

SB: Mommy

4. What is your best friend's name?

SK: Lenea

SB: Nicholas

5. Do you like your name?

SK: Yes.

SB: Yes, of course.

6. If you could have a different name, what would it be?

SK: Bommer

SB: Sydney

We had a good time on our vacation, in spite of the rain and not being able to do most of what I wanted. Mom asked me to come of with the list of what I wanted to do. She said we'd do half of it. Well, I made my list very small thinking that in 9 days we could manage the list: Seeing my grandmother, going to the zoo, going to my sister's, and eating crabs (they live in Maryland).

So, I saw my grandmother and my sister. Maybe next time I'll get to do the rest. The rain didn't help - nor the threat of rain.

The girls had a great time playing with their cousins - my two nephews. Sarah was also introduced, up close and personal, to a jelly fish. Thankfully we quickly learned that vinegar is a solution.

We went to the Air and Space Museum Annex near Dullas Airport where we saw the Space Shuttle. We also did the simulation ride. Sarah and Sydney were very interested in the launch last weekend as a result.

Pictures will have to wait. Blogger is being a pill.

3 comments:

Kami said...

BOmmer, huh? Mmmmkay!

Fantastagirl said...

We finally played! Thought I posted before I left, but I guess I shut down too soon.

Boomer? I love that SB wants to be SYDNEY...

Spikey1 said...

Playing! Can you believe it?!