Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday Ramblings

No Sunday Six. My kids are home, I'm on travel.

Today I'm in a reflective mood. I suspect part of it has to do with the lack of sleep. I have a hard time going to sleep at night when I'm on travel, and this morning, but body woke up as it does at 5:45 - most days I can go back to sleep. Today, I was an hour earlier than normal, and my wake up call was set for 6:00 am. I got less than 5 hours sleep and I'm tired.

Yesterday was Graduation at school. I started thinking back to my college graduation, all those years ago. I remember wearing my favorite yellow t-shirt dress for under my gown. Our class was the last graduating class to wear the heavy cloth gowns. They are so much nicer than the paper gowns, although they were hot in the sun. I remember my mother and sister helping me fix my hair. I was so proud of myself for surviving. Over the past few days, I've watch these students walking around in groups and with family remembering the tear of wanting to spend time with my friends while wanting to show my family around. My father new the school/town as he had graduated from Ripon, but my mom and sister had never been. I do remember that day fondly!

Currently, I'm sitting in the Minneapolis NWA World Club working on a few things during our layover. Because of the flight paths, I pretty much always fly through Minneapolis when I travel. I can't come through this airport without constantly looking at people to see if I walk past Dave. To this day, a little part of me still loves him. He was never really a boyfriend in the true sense of the word. We spent several years doing this dance between friends and more - never doing either well. The job he had at that time led him to travel alot, and he lived in a suburb of Minneapolis.

We eventually lost track of each other. We had to. We couldn't just be friends, it was really unhealthy for us to be more. I really wonder what he's doing. It's sad sometimes to lose touch with the people who touch your life. I wonder if there will ever be a time that I don't wonder about him.

Yesterday DH ordered my Mother's Day present. He was so cute because he told me that he thought he could buy a Weber Grill at Walmart, so he waited until this weekend. Well, they don't sell them this year. We have to order it. He knew that I didn't care so much if it was here MD or not, but wanted to get me what I wanted. I'm so excited. I bought our last grill for his birthday 11 years ago!

No comments: