Sunday, July 01, 2007

A 4th of July update

"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 7) and Sydney (SK - age 4) the questions.

1. What does it mean to be patriotic?

SK: I don't know.
SB: I have no clue.
2. Who made the American Flag?

SK: I don't know.
SB: I have no clue
3. How many stars are on the American Flag?

SK: (gets her american flag and counts stars) 33
SB: I need an American Flag (Sydney hands over hers, Sarah counts) 44
4. What makes a firework go boom?

SK: I don't know.
SB: When it reaches the tip of the sky.
5. How will you celebrate the 4th of July?

SK: I don't know.
SB: Probably go see the fireworks (next year)
6. What do you like about living in America?

SK: We live on a hill.
SB: I don't know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First, Happy Canada Day!
It seems that 2 weeks really is the magic number in my ankle's recovery. Friday I did a little bit more than I had been doing and Sat not only was I not knocked out, but I took fewer meds. I still stuck with all my advil, but I only took one dose of tylenol rather than 4.
I go back to work on Monday - but I think I'll limit hours some - maybe 5 hours on Monday and Thurs, Wed I get 4 hours of vacation. So, I'd only have to take a few hours of leave (I don't care so much about the leave, I have plenty!! I just want to not hurt too much since my foot will be up sort of.
And, a friend of mine called on Sat (they just got back from vacation on Friday) and she wanted to check how I was doing and see if I still wanted dinner one night. So, she is bringing dinner over on Monday.
I also think I'll try to find someone to help come clean the house. I can do some, but why should I?

No comments: