Sunday, July 08, 2007

Timing is everything!

Looks like titles are still broken.

Yesterday, I was looking at my tomato plants and thinking that I needed to ask DH to pick up another wire support system for my tomato plant because the stakes were not going to support them well enough when the tomatoes start to grow.

At 5:00 am this morning, we woke to a HUGE thunder storm (lighting on lighting so fast the thunder was almost continuous) and very heavy and hard rain.

While making coffee this morning, I looked outside and found my tomato plants broken. My grape tomatoes are ok because they were in the cage. My slicing tomatoes are probably dead.

I'm so sad.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

Sorry to hear about the tomato plants, my Dad and brother are having a garden growing contest of such, and the little brother is going to have more tomatoes that he will ever use - If you were close, I'd bring some to you!

Congrats on the cast and your progress, you are doing awesome!!!