Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lots of stuff

Last week, my ILs were visiting on Monday (waves hello to Melanie). Since my FILs birthday is coming up, we wanted to make cupcakes for him. Sydney found these really cool cupcakes on the cover of Family Circle magazine:


If you click on the "next" button of the slide show, it will give you the directions for decorating the cupcakes.

I didn't have time to make them all the correct way as we were trying to get to a restaurant for dinner, but here are the ones we got done:




This morning I made Raspberry Rye Bread muffins. A friend gave me this recipe. I was out of apple sauce, so I had to use oil. I made them as mini muffins today so I would have just a little bite and I plan to freeze them. I can figure out the points if anyone is interested. I have a calculation based on the loaf pan.

Raspberry Rye Bread w/ Flax Meal
Makes two loaves

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups rye flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/2 cups flax meal
2 (12 oz.) bags frozen raspberries or 2 1/2 cups of chopped fresh raspberries

Combine first six ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in the center. Combine remaining ingredients and add to the dry ingredients Stir until well combined. Spoon mix into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.

Bake at 350* degrees for 1 hour.

Cool loafs in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Somehow, I never got to eat one of those cute cupcakes. Mom hoarded them in the back seat the entire trip back to MN.

Me said...

I'm so glad to see you cooking with flax~!! :) And that it was meal and not seeds because so many people try to use the seeds and think they are doing good when in fact if they are not ground, they go right through your system and you gain none of the benefits! LOL.

I made Wheat Bran Muffins yesterday myself... YUM!!!! The recipe is up at the housewife site... (housewifebarbie.blogspot.com)