Saturday, March 01, 2008

The household list

This week I've been a bit busy trying to get some things done around the house.

My ILs were suppose to come for next weekend's ice show, but work interuptus and it looks like they will come for my FILs birthday instead. Not that I'm completely disappointed - next weekend will be a bear with dress rehersal on Saturday morning and a performance Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

So, I wanted to get a few things completed before they came (or at least progress).

The list:

* Finish sewing Sarah's roman shade (I have one more quilt to go, find the hardware, have DH help me make the mounting board, and sew the rings and velcro on).
* Finish sewing the hall curtains
* Finish the Pooh Bear xstitch for Sydney
* Sand bumpy areas of dining room walls
* Patch walls
* Paint the dining room
* Order the dining room light
* Call electrician to put up lights
* Finish decluttering office
* Finish decluttering back hall

Today, I took a boatload of books to the used bookstore (mine and MILs) and a bunch of stuff to Goodwill.

Yesterday, I went through four paper bags of papers and a few piles of things. Once all that was cleaned up, I moved our casio keyboard to the office. Knowing I was going to do this, I bought a headphone converter and splitter so the girls can use thier headphones together on the keyboard. I need to find a piano bench and it will be ready. I was shocked to discover I had forgotten how to read the bass clef. Internet helps.

The girls want to take piano lessons, but I've told them that they have too many activities but I would be willing to teach them myself. I can't teach technique and phrasing, but I can teach proper hand placement and notes. If they are serious, we can see about more formal lessons.

No comments: