Friday, March 28, 2008

Two piggies and a pony

Sydney was sick the past two days. Yesterday was spent laying on the couch, today she was feeling better.

Sydney decided that since she wasn't at daycare, she should put ponies and piggies in my hair. So, today I ran around with two piggies and a pony, a headband, and LOTS of hair clips. She was so proud of her creation, that she talked about how everyone we saw when we go to pick Sarah up would love my hair. So, to school, to the doctor, to the store - I wore two piggies, one pony, one headband, and LOTS of clips. She got lots of compliments, I got kudos for being a good mom.

Thankfully, Sydney didn't get sick until Wednesday as DH's parents and sister were here earlier in the week. I love to see my SIL, who I don't see near often enough. I've not seen her in a few years, but we picked up as if it was yesterday.

She also didn't get sick until after we had signed her up for kindergarten. Yep - little bug is growing up.

Home improvements have continued, but I'm not sure how much will get done next week.

I finished Sydney cross stitch, but discovered that I can't get the sticky mounting board for the cross stitch so I can get it properly blocked. I'm wondering how much it would cost to ship one. Maybe I can use the Walmart 'ship to store' option. Not sure when I'll be in a larger city again.

I'm still missing the mounting hardware to the roman shade for Sarah. I think I will go buy more and see if I can arrange to return the others if I do find them.

We need to continue prepping the walls for the dining room so I can get them painted.

My sewing machine is giving me fits while I try to hem the curtains. I think I might try a different food because I think it might be the way the material is hitting the feed dogs. I'm still trying. If I can figure this out, I should be able to finish these curtains this weekend so I can start working on the dining room ones.

We have company for graduation in May. I have motivation to finish these last few projects.

But, with the sick child, I've had major sleepus interuptus. So I think I may just curl up and read.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sorry Sydney is sick. Did you get any pictures of your pony and piggies :) Can't beleive the baby will be going to kindergarten. She really has grown up so much.

Fantastagirl said...

Have to see pictures of the pony, the headband, and piggies - you are so going to get the "Momma of the Year" award - how wonderful that you let her be your hair designer.

Danielle said...

okay, i have searched and searched. Where the heck is your e-mail, woman?

6year med (at) gmail (dot) com. I need to send you a picture of something SWEET ;)