Friday, August 08, 2008

School shopping Internet syle

This week, we got the letters with teacher assignments. Sydney will end up separated from many of her friends next year, but with half day kindergarten, and most of her friends requesting morning, I knew they would be. Sydney has afternoon.

Sarah didn't get her favorite third grade teacher, but all the teachers are really good and I understand that hers is no exception. She tells great stories and really challenges the kids.

Sydney's teacher is high energy, lots of fun, and keeps lots of order.

So, knowing that school is a few weeks off, it was time to start ordering "First Day of School" outfits. It's a tradition in our family that no matter how many clothes we already own, we always buy one or two news outfits (for reasons I don't understand, our school system has a afternoon only day on the first day so it almost feels like we have two first days).

So, I usually spend a couple of days roaming around the websites we typically buy clothes from finding the options, then sit down with the girls and let them shop. It's fun watching the girls taste in clothes evolve. FINALLY, Sydney is starting to chose what she likes rather than what Sarah chose. I did start having them shop with my alone than together.

Yesterday morning, Sydney chose a pair of shoes and a pair of boots that she fell in LOVE with. When I went to order them last night, I discovered that they were out of her size. I had fun trying to determine what size shoe she wears. She was asleep when I tried to check but amazingly enough I was able to put shoes on and off her feet and finally printed the shoe size sheet and put her foot on it - and she never woke up!!

No comments: