Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mea Culpa

It has been pointed out to me that I failed to update y'all on the outcome of Monday's activities.

Well, I started running. I'm still at the run 30-90 steps, walk 30-90 steps phase, but today I did this to and from campus. With my extra time, I should be able to manage training a few times a week.

Yes, I will have extra time. I told 'unofficial boss' first. And, in one of *those* moments, I decided to tell boss personally. He didn't deserve it, but in the interest. . . . .I did. I gave my two week notice for project number 1. This was the project I really hated. I also gave my notice for the other project- but will continue until the proposal is turned in at the end of Oct. We just have so much going on that feel it's only fair to not desert the project.

I did give Sarah as the official reason.

I also talked with the guy who left the project a year ago. He was a bit surprised to learn that "everyone found me difficult to work with," which made me feel good.

So, I'm going to try to finish up some of my projects, work on handing off others. I'm going to continue to working on the third grant. So, for the next two weeks, I will work on all three grants, then until October I will work the two grants (20 hours) and teach, then after that I will be down to one 8 hour job and teaching.

So, soon I will have no excuses not to keep the house clean, dinner nice and organized, and to exercise regularly.

I did spend a bit of time trying to reconcile myself to being at home again rather than working. I know I'm lucky to have the ability to work just enough to keep my foot in the door. This is important because if some we win some of the larger scale proposals that have included some administrative support, I can be added without too much trouble.

Last night, a friend and I celebrated. She made margaritas and a wonderful Spanikopita using mixed greens from the veggie guy. We watched a very funny and cheesy movie called "The Librarian, Quest for the Spear." We decided we really should have had wine with that much cheese. The cast was wonderful - Noah Wylie, Bob Newhart, Jane Curtain, Olivia Dukakus.

No comments: