Friday, August 15, 2008

Various

While driving around my town, I've been listening to "French Women Don't Get Fat" on CD. I'm really enjoying it. Her information is pretty basic and common sense. The bottom line is: everything in moderation, know your trigger points, and you need to balance the amount coming in (food) with the energy expended (exercise/movement). After 20 odd years of watching what I'm doing, I have a pretty good idea of what to do. I've done weight watchers on and off for the past 10 years. My weight hasn't changed much with the exception of the years I was doing sprint triathlons and was swimming three mornings a week, running 3-5 days a week, and doing aerobics/weight training 3-5 times a week. Even with all of that, I was only a solid size 12. I'd love a 10, would be satisfied with a 12. Oh yea, did I mentioned that I then met DH and spent more time going out than at the gym?

I think for me, I'd do ok if only I could force myself to plan my meals and document, document, document. I've not really done that part well. But, I digress.

I've been enjoying this book because she talks so much about the different cultures she has lived in (French and U.S.), about her journey. I may have to look at the book in it's traditional form to see if she includes recipes.

But, I'm doing this a bit in preparation for September. Yesterday was my last day working for the institute. 10 hours of my work week, and the one that caused me the most stress, ended. OK, we had a visitor in town on one of my jobs and so I didn't have time to train the new person - so I have to go in for a while today.

Next week I have the girls at home with me, the week after is orientation so I will start everything in earnst on the Tuesday after labor day (shoot, I have to prep everything for the start of the semester!! My students will expect class stuff).

Anyway, I won't be at the office as much which means I have to set the house up for eating. I will join the gym for Sept so I can do weights. And, I will see if losing some of the stress in my life, having more time to myself, and a better plan means I can FINALLY fit in my favorite jeans from 13 years ago that I wore once after Sydney was born before the PTSD resulted in my oreo obsession.

Anyone want to join me? I could always someone to discuss ideas for menu plans!

No comments: