Friday, September 26, 2008

I think it's my birthday

Well, sort of I guess. I mean, it's the day I was born, but I don't really feel older.

As has happened for the past few years, we aren't actually celebrating my birthday for a few weeks. Tonight is mother/daughter book group. I thought about making cupcakes, but just couldn't get in the mood.

Tomorrow we have a soccer and an open house at the neighbor's house (it included a note to come hungry). DH is tied up next week, so he's not available to oversee the girls making me dinner. My present didn't come in the mail yet, so no reason to celebrate.

Sarah has a cold, is in a grumpy mood.

The subject of birthday's came up, and I mentioned it was mine while I was picking up kids. My friend Nichole (everyone needs a friend Nichole, she's just the best) said "why didn't we go out for tea, we went for Amanda's birthday, we went for my birthday, well you guys didn't know it when we planned it, we should have gone for tea.

I think we will once things settle down. But, this time of year is so insane that my birthday just feels like it's lost in the chaos.

I need to get Sarah something to eat before we leave so her blood sugar doesn't crash.

I'll update more later about the numerous things that have happened in the past week.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

Happy birthday late - sorry!