Thursday, December 28, 2006

End of the semester and Christmas

Yesterday grades were due. During the semester, I had assigned an extra credit assignment but for the life of me, I don't know if anyone did the assignment. I had decided that I would just not worry about it. Unfortunately, the guilt was tearing me up. After all, what if it did make a difference in someones grade.

So, yesterday I sent an email to the class asking anyone who did the assignment to email me. If anyone contacts me and can email me their assignment, I will submit a grade change.

It's a bit embarrassing (and I've already had two students email me). I just can't understand why it's disappeared.

I hate feeling guilty - then again, I think I'd hate it more if I was so callous as to not care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas was really nice. DH has been working in his workshop for weeks and boy did his efforts pay off. I've posted the picture of the clock he made below, here are the pictures of the present he made for me an the girls:

This is the jewelry box he made for the girls:

Here is the photo storage box DH made for me:



Now he has no idea what to make for me next year - I suspect he'll figure something out. He did comment that he realized he has now made me a 2nd box that I have no place to store. I think when he makes the side tables for the office, I'll make sure they have bottom shelves to put the boxes.

Now he is back to working on Sydney's bed.

2 comments:

Spikey1 said...

Wow, that is awesome! Hmmm, Aidan needs a toy box... Hope all is well with everyone. Nice to be missed. Thank-you. Cheers

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see Sydney's bed! I'm glad you e-mailed your students. I know the guilt would have been too much! LOL