Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Six - Advent Season

"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6) and Sydney (SK - age 3) the questions.

1. What is Advent?

SK: It's a building.

SB: You light candles.

2. What do you do for Advent?

SK: It's a little town.

SB: You light candles.

3. How many days do we celebrate Advent?

SK: For 5 more days.

SB: One.

4. What happens when Advent is over?

SK: I don't know.

SB: There's fireworks.

5. What else do we count down to?

SK: Free-teen - that means a little townie.

SB: Jesus' birthday - or Santa coming.

6. What are you looking forward to in the coming weeks?

SK: I don't know.

SB: School being out.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SB: I have a question for you to answer mommy - "what is a little town?"

Mommy: A little town is where little mice live.

SB: YES. Now, "what is a little town with fingers in it with a building?"

Mommy: It's a place we pretend to walk with our fingers.

SB: YES.

Now Sydney has a box open like a laptop and she is asking me questions. Sarah and I had to have a talk about Advent since she was obviously stressing about now knowing the answers. She's not comfortable doing anything unless she already knows she can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, now I have to:

Finish grading papers by Thursday
Finish Christmas letter
Print labels for Christmas cards
Get cards in mail
Finish Christmas shopping for lots of people
Get presents in the mail before I have to pay premium shipping costs to mail them
Get grades in
Get Christmas tree
Decorate tree
Clean house

My head is swimming.

No comments: