Sunday, February 03, 2008

Learning the unexpected

I just spent the best hour with the girls.

A local snow sculpture came to our town to build an ice building. He invited the local public to help. So, after church the girls and I stopped on our way home to see if we could help.

The girls helped mix snow and water to make 'morter' and measure the blocks of ice used for bricks.

They helped set the bricks checking that they were level (reading the level) and put the morter between the bricks.

Basically, they did everything except cut the blocks of ice with the chain saw.

It was such a wonderful learning experience.

I wish I had brought my camera. But, when they are finished I'll go take a picture of the finished product they helped build.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

Sounds so awesome!! Can't wait to see the finished product.