Sunday, February 24, 2008

Busy week in review

Last weekend the girls and I went over to help the frozen car artists. We have had two visiting artists here for the past month who have been working on a frozen car sculpture. The original concept was very different that the (almost) finished product, the original plan was to encase a 1970s NOVA muscle car in ice to represent our 'frozen' dependence on oil for our cars (meaning that since the oil crisis from the 70s we haven't changed much of our attitudes in the past 30 years.

Here are the girls working on the project:


The usual stuff happened in the beginning of the week, Monday's meeting didn't work and so I spent my day off on Tuesday trying to figure out fix the problem by emailing on an off all day and not cleaning the house the way I wanted. We had invited the visiting artists to dinner on Thurs so I needed to clean.

But, I did get the dining room cleaned (and started prepping the walls for painting.

During the course of the week, I did successfully clean the house (well, the living room didn't quite get done, but was good enough).

Thursday the artists joined us for dinner. The girls grabbed them as they walked in the door and pretty well monopolized them until bedtime.

Friday, I relaxed a bit in my almost clean house.

Friday night Sarah and I had mommy/daughter book group. We were reading The Borrowers. We didn't quite finish it. I quickly made mini lemon poppy seed muffins for the dinner at book group.

Saturday was Sydney's swimming birthday party. Friday night, after book group, I baked the cake (and found out Sat morning that I burned on round). Sat was a quick trip to the store for more cake mix and while it was cooking I made the frosting. Sydney wanted a Tinkerbell swimming pool cake. I had a 10 in and 8 in round cakes that she decided she wanted put in a figure 8 for the big pool and little pool. She wanted sprinkles to be punching balloons in the pool (like we were having at her party) so I punched round holes using my scrap booking tool from non-stick parchment paper and used that to poor sprinkles into the circles. Then gummy lifesavers around teddy grahams because swimmers. I cut a tinkerbell from the party plate and she stood behind the pool (pressed into the icing).

The party was fun and outside of forgetting the camera and the ice cream, went off with out a hitch. I was going to run home to get them, but decided instead to go next door to walmart for a disposable camera (so you will have to wait for pictures).

Today we have ice skating show practice. We need to figure out how to manage it as Syd's practice is 5:00, Sarah's at 5:30, and the group number at 6:00. It's mainly do we have Joe bring Sarah later or just hang out.

Now to keep the house clean and finish with declutter/cleaning the rest of the house.

No comments: