Saturday, February 09, 2008

Snow babble

We spend many hours talking about the weather where I live. Growing up in Maryland/Virginia area, weather discussions were "polite conversation" when you didn't have anything else to discuss. Here, weather is a serious discussion:

How cold is it, how much snow is expected, how much snow has come, etc.

I read the other day that our snow total for the year is 180 inches. Because we've had enough warm days, enough snow has melted that we have not yet needed to shovel the roof. The general rule is that you clear the roof of snow every 100 inches. But, if enough melts you don' need to.

In the years we've lived here, we only needed to clear it once. I was proud of myself for managing to help.

They are predicting a blizzard and really cold temps (but not too cold) for the next 24 hours. I don't mind the cold, but I'm hoping that the blizzard stays away because Sarah's birthday party is tomorrow and we are hoping the weather doesn't chase too many people away.

I picked up her cake today. It is very cool. I'll post pictures another time.

No comments: