Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sarah's birthday party

Sarah's party happened in spite of a blizzard warning and negative degree temps. Of the four parties scheduled at the bowling alley Sunday, we were the only party that didn't cancel. We had the alley almost to ourselves and they gave us three lanes since no-one else was using them. The kids had so much fun!

I can't show many pictures because I won't post pictures of other people's kids without knowing it's OK - but here are two!

Sarah's birthday cake

(A funny story about her cake - I had stopped by our bakery to order her cake and my friend who works there helped me write out the order and describe the vision I had. When I picked up the cake, I called 'E' to tell her how wonderful the cake turned out. She didn't call me back and I didn't see her until the next day. 'E' used to be the cake decorator at the bakery, but had moved to a different product to give her hours that would allow her to be home when the kids got out of school. So, when I saw her, I told her how perfect the cake was and how wonderful it had turned out and that was why I called the day before. Then she told me that she had done the cake for me. I didn't know it when I called!)

Here is a picture of the girls bowling. They had so much fun!


Sydney has already decided that she wants a bowling party next year. It was the easiest party to put together - invitations, cake, goodie bags - the bowling alley supplies the rest!

Kirsten

3 comments:

Me said...

Hey! That looks like me when I bowl! LOL.

Melanie said...

Tim and I love bowling birthday parties! I have some bowling scrapbook paper but it's more boyish. Maybe I"ll have to get inventive. :)

Fantastagirl said...

Looks like a great time - and so much fun!