Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Maybe I can sleep soon.

I knew my 2:00 meeting would be tough. I was going to confront my boss about something in a meeting so I would have support. It went as well as I expected. I walked out of the room after the meeting and was leaning against the wall waiting for the elevator and one of the attendees patted me on the shoulder. I mumbled something about him not being able to tell me I was wrong and she agreed, very sincerely, that I wasn't (course, none of them said anything to support me, just left it to me to argue the point).

Later I was chatting with my unofficial boss to tell her what happened (CYA ya know) and mentioned a few other things that she missed while out of town. She wasn't exactly happy about some of it which made me feel better.

So, I headed home, made dinner and curled on the couch with my pounding headache. At midnight I headed to bed and laid there for 20 min - brain wound like a top. So, I thought what would Meritt do, got up and decided to work out my feelings reading and blogging. I also tried to call my friend Kelly, but couldn't get the machine to pick up.

It's not a bad thing as I got a cc from a message from my boss asking someone to give me some information needed to reverse something. AND, asked if I thought something else was appropriate. I'm not certain he came to the conclusion himself, but most likely with some help. I have a few days to think about the second question.

With that email, I might be able to calm down some. There's more to the day, but nothing I can put in writing here.

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

I hope that some good can come from all of your stress and worries. Hugs!

Spikey1 said...

Hang in there! I need you! You are my biggest fan! If you need to "talk", spikey1@gmail.com

Hugs.