Friday, July 25, 2008

And now I wait. . .

If I don't get the job, it won't be because I didn't prove I was capable, understood the issues, and demonstrated experience in 95% of all items. In fact, the one area that I didn't have direct experience, I was able to describe the university resources, policies, possible models, and disadvantage the School will have in utilizing part of the model (as well as the faculty resistance)..

They did tell me that I'd have to give up teaching for the job - but I told them that I can't work full time and teach and that I recognized that it was an either or situation that I had come to terms with when I applied for the job.

The hope to either make a decision out of today's interviews or hold second interviews next week. They want a quick start date.

I do really want to say more (esp before I forget), but I'm too tired. I hope I don't forget by tomorrow.

Sarah has a friend spending the night tonight, so I may be awake for a bit.

I did come to a realization. I'm not sure if I"m opposed to working full time, or if I'm opposed to working full time if it's going to be at a job that is not at my capability. Maybe if I'm actually doing what I could be, working at my respected level rather than just working at my level in a job that isn't - maybe I won't be so frustrated by in.

In the past 10 years, I've had no real potential at any of my jobs. I came close to my level for 3 mos. This is the closest I've come.

The best part, I know that I'm not going to be stuck forever! When asked if I was available quickly, I said that I'd already thought about my exit strategy. I didn't tell them that it was because I was exiting no matter what.

I did send my email thank you note tonight. I prefer snail mail for thank yous, but I did email because the turn around is fast and I needed to send them a references contact information. (I didn't bring it on purpose so I would have something to contact back with.)

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Sending all kinds of great thoughts your way!

deb said...

Sending you the best of all wishes... crossing my fingers for you!

Deb