Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm home

I'm exhausted, I'm tired, I have a killer headache, my house is a mess, I'm so thrilled to be home!!

I have missed sleeping with DH. After 11 years of marriage and 2 years of not always sleeping alone before that, I don't always sleep well without DH. I guess that I spent much of last night snuggled up to DH (or as he put it, pushing him out of bed).

The girls did well on our flights home - esp considering that we were flying at bedtime and landed at our home airport at midnight. I had asked my mom to check the girls room to see if I forgot anything, unfortunately, she checked the beds REALLY well, but didn't look at the hooks on the wall. Sydney's pink princess cowboy hat was left in the room. Thankfully, our layover at the airport in Minneapolis occurred such that the shops were still open, so we bought a new one. At $10, it was about the same price as mailing it back to us as to buy another one. I'll post a picture of it later this week.

My dad taught Sarah to play chess this week. She really enjoys it. I might have to see if I can find an online game for her that will play at her level. I suspect there will be one out there.

My mom worked with the girls on making some ceramic tiles. Unfortunately, they didn't dry in time, so she will have to fire them then mail them to us (I just hope she can do that before the fair next month!) I'll need to find someone here to finish the firing after we glaze them, but since I have two friends who do ceramics, I think I'll be able to.

Considering that the girls were sharing a room, not home, and were all out of their normal routine, they did really well!

They had a blast playing with their cousins, almost enjoyed playing in the bay (except for the various jellyfish stings they both received), loved kayaking (Sarah even took a boat out by herself, with an adult in the water with her),

I even managed to exercise every other day!

Back to reality. I think I'll head to bed now, as there is so much more I want to say, but I'm not completely coherent now.

Tomorrow, Sydney has a followup appointment with the ENT and on Tuesday we drive down to Marshfield to see the neurologist for Sarah. I don't think I've mentioned it much, but Sarah has some nervous tics we want to have checked out.

1 comment:

Me said...

The ceramic tiles sound AWESOME. And if we still lived in Minneapolis I would have LOVED to go to the airport and meet you - even if only for 5 minutes! LOL. (I live just south of there now... by a few hours).

Welcome home - and excellent idea about the pink hat. You are right - would have cost the same to ship!