Saturday, September 09, 2006

First Days

This week was the first day of school for our family.

Sarah started first grade. She loves her teacher and announced that she never wants to leave First Grade. I'm excited because it appears as if I will be able to volunteer in her class on Friday mornings. I just have to work it out with her teacher.

Here are pictures from Sarah's first day.

Sydney and Sarah before we dropped Sarah off and Sarah at her desk.


Two days later, Sydney started her first day of preschool. She would not stand still, so this was the best picture I could get of her. This was Sarah's old preschool, so Sydney was a bit at home.



Tuesday was also my first day of class. Unfortunately, I came down with some horrible thing over the weekend so I arrived at my first class very sick. But, unless you are in the hospital, Freshman won't know that you are not canceling class for a sniffle so I had to make an appearance. Did better on Thursday. At least they know that they just can't blow off class. I'm almost doing better, but I've had to go on some asthma meds to try to clear up my breathing.

I had an interesting comment with one of my students who turned down help at the writing center for her English major sister because her engineer father told her that she wouldn't need to write as an engineer. In a way, I suppose he is right. After all, it's generally managers who tend to write more.

Unfortunately, my 7 years experience in an engineering firm was not going to over ride her father's experience.

I can't wait till next weeks class when we start getting into the meat of the class.

No comments: