Sunday, September 10, 2006

Random Notes

I've had lots of things rambling through my mind. So, I'll do bulletpoints.

* Sarah got home from school on Tuesday and announced that she had her own box of markers, pencils, etc. That she is keeping her desk organized so she can find everything. Now, the fact that she was so amazed about her school supplies wasn't surprising to me, but I must admit a little part of me missed being able to help her pick out her school supplies with a list. But, in a way it's nice that the school system supplies everything so we don't have to. And my daughter was like a kid on Christmas when she opened her desk and found so much stuff that belonged to her.

* I've been feeling domestic this weekend. It's becoming fall. So, I made home made pizza dough. The girls liked it. I also made a fresh loaf of bread. I hope it tastes good. Unfortanately, I don't have a kitchen aid. I say unfortunately because it's hard to find a recipe that doesn't use a kitchen aid to put extra air into the dough. I can't wait to see if it came out ok.

* I really want to exercise. I can't breath yet. I guess I can't exercise yet.

* Tomorrow we remember those who were killed by terrorists. Earlier we recognized those who lost their lives to mis-cues in New Orleans. I've always had a strange feeling about 9/11. I remember driving to work that day 5 years ago. I had just turned on ESPN Radio. I had a hard time understanding why I was listening to ABC News from the television. I had a small kid, we watched Bear in the Big Blue House. When I left for work, I didn't know anything was out of the ordinary.

As I drove, I listened to Peter Jennings? describe - or try to as he stared in disbelief - the twin towers begin to fall. As I continued to drive, I heard the 2nd tower fall. I don't remember when I finally saw the film. My husband was so tried of seeing it that we didn't watch it at home. I was at work that day and didn't see it.

I was only marginally affected by it. I was blissfully prg with our second child. I think the hormones from that pregnancy kept me from being as affected. That didn't last too long. A couple of weeks later I started to miscarry. But, that little babe, who I never got to meet, kept me grounded that day.

So, if you are brave, you are welcome to come try my bread. It's not perfect yet, but getting better.

1 comment:

Spikey1 said...

Thank you for this. Hugs.