Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Quick updates

* Many thanks to poultrygeist99 who sent me a FABULOUS birthday card and brownies yesterday. I agree, when we get old and stop writing fan fic, we should start taking art lessons drawing young men! I could have done without the over the hill candles though - someday you'll be old too!!

* We finally got all the dishes done - except tonight's dinner dishes. The laundry is finally folded and mostly put away too!

* My Dr. has given me permission to ease back into work a few hours at a time.

* She also said my lungs are finally starting to sound better.

* A girl in my class asked if she could miss class tomorrow night so she could go participate in a homecoming activity. I explained that I've missed soccer games, school open house, and taught on my birthday. I think she can miss a social event to come to class. Not to mention that I've only missed ONE class in spite of having pneumonia and I sent a substitute that night. ARG.

* Thanks to Meritt and Poultrygeist for their thoughtful comments on the cervical cancer vaccine. I went with the knee jerk reaction which was related to the idea that, yet again, the discussion revolved around the idea that withholding this would prevent people from having sex before marriage. I really hate this mentality. But, I agree it needs to be the parents decision - I just would like to see the conversation be based on safety, etc rather than encouraging abstinence. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'd also like to ensure that insurance companies will cover the vaccine for those who chose to have it.

I need to read outlines and bibliographies. TTFN

1 comment:

Danielle said...

to treat prophylactically (sp?)= you are a fairly healthy young person in a community setting. treat for the most common cause of community aquired pneumonia (CAP). That's strep pneumo. I'd give a p'cillin if you are not allergic. we give levaquin too.