Friday, September 01, 2006

Sometimes you find you are like the others

Yesterday, we had a workshop for all the people who teach sections of the class I teach. I was a little intimidated to attend as I was afraid that I would discover that I was doing it wrong.

You see, last year was not only my first year teaching anything, but it was my first time teaching this class. The faculty member who was in charge of the program had just started a new job, so she didn't have her orientation workshop. This left me floundering a bit, trying to talk to other people, and using my best instincts.

During the course of the workshop, I discovered that I really was doing this OK. My instincts seem to be right.

It was nice to find out.

Today, in other accomplishments, I managed to install the third row of seats in my Ford Expedition all by myself. I'm not the strongest or tallest person, so some things are hard to maneuver. Also, I have a bad back, so I sometimes don't have the ability to lift things.

I've now added something else to my list of things I have manage to stumble through with no directions.

Since I'm home today with Sarah and Sydney and Sarah's friend L - we are going to the lake today for a picnic lunch. But no ordinary picnic lunch - we are going to Burger King since we never go now that it's 10 miles away!

No comments: