Monday, November 13, 2006

Back in the 80s

Saturday night I went to the best party. Two of my friends were turning 40. So, with two 40s you of course have an 80s party.

It was so much fun. We all had to dress in our 80s best outfits and bring 80s introduced snack food. I was able to get some bigger hair. In fact, Sarah asked me if I did something different to my hair. When I confirmed that I had she announced to my ILs "Mommy did something to her hair so she would look like a different person." It was too cute.

My friends put together some 80s mix music and we ended up in a circle of women dancing - much as I did in college - with the occasional husband wandering in to join us. My friends were impressed that I could manage to dance in 3 in heels. I did trade them in for my other shoes after an hour or so.

We are thinking about having another decade party for New Years.

The funniest part was that we started at 6:00 and left around 9:30 or 10:00. *shakes head* I"ve become a party lightweight.

Earlier that day, I drove to the next town over that had shopping (90 miles away). I didn't have as much fun as I would have normally as I had a lovely 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 spins on some ice. I managed to keep the car from hitting anything (thank goodness there were no cars near me). I thankfully got an idea that I'm OK with winter driving.

I didn't have as much fun shopping as I was more worried about the weather. But, my MIL did talk me into buying the Kitchen Aid stand mixer I've been drooling over for 2 years. I have had a hard time justifying spending the money on something that isn't used constantly. I've already made bread with it.

I can't wait to make gingerbread this holiday season!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Um, photos please! ;)