Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Energizer Sydney

At 6:40, I hear "Mommy, I can't find my blue blankie"

And so the day begins. She gets up, she poops, she starts to play. My job, is to keep her quiet enough that she doesn't wake her big sister. Hard to do with a child who doesn't understand whisper. Who doesn't walk anywhere but runs.

So, right now we are playing tea party (actually, she has us drinking coffee). Sydney has added a sound effect to the tea pot, sugar, and creamer. She has dictacted how many of each sound you must make as you add them to the cup.

I'm not sure what she is doing now, but all that is required of me is to make the appropriate noises as she asks questions.

I do love my early morning time with Sydney. When she has free run of the toys and no sister to fight with for them.

Yesterday we had family portraits taken at Walmart. I love the girl we use there, she works so hard to get a good picture of the girls. I found her when I was talking to Sarah's kindergarten teacher last year and discovered that her neice was the new manager at the new photo place at Walmart. She has lots of experience taking pictures of kids and works hard at finding creative ways to position kids when she is required to take pictures of kids on a table - no floor shots.

I have a great shot for Christmas cards.

I'm not as thrilled with our family portrait, but grateful that DH didn't complain once, he just got dressed and smiled.

I can't wait to get them back.

No comments: