Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving.

Had a lovely Thanksgiving with my friend Amanda and her family. The kids actually played well together and Amanda took over some of my cooking so I could dash a shower before we sat to eat.

Somehow I got all the food cooked at the same time. Amanda was impressed with this. I think I've cooked Thanksgiving dinner - or some part of it - for most of the about 7 of the last 9 years. I decided to get a Butterball Turkey rather than the organic that I could brine. It was wonderful. I think I'll stick with it as I've not been thrilled with our organic that last two years.

Amanda's pumpkin and first apple pie were wonderful.

Just as we sat to dinner, Sarah wandered over and said "We should go around and say what we are thankful for. Sarah started with "family, friends, and good food" It was very sweet.

Today started with our normal tradition (started when I was young) and the ceremonial moving of the TV into the kitchen and starting the chex mix. Then while watching the Macy's Day Parade, I started the stuffing and the day went from there. It was a long cooking day. My girls would run in and watch part of the parade when their favorite floats or balloons were on.

I wandered into the living room and found the girls sitting together. As I walked back in with my camera, I found Sarah leaning over Sydney and whispering in her ear about all the balloons they would see in the parade.

Here they are watching the parade together.


My legs were really tired last night from standing all day, but it was so nice.

Today we are heading to Walmart for pictures of the girls for Christmas cards. I think I may take the package deal as a family portrait since we've not done one in years. I'm not sure we've had one done since Sarah was 1 or 2 (and well, Sydney wasn't here).

Later this spring, we will do a real family portrait with a photographer I like. Her preference is to do pictures on the beach. She has a business similar to Mrs. DallasKs'

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday.

No comments: